Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My First DIY...Ever

My little secret is out...I have never started a DIY project!  I'm not counting the burlap tablecloth from Thanksgiving because I really didn't do any work.  After reading design blogs for quite some time, I was finally inspired enough to take on a relatively easy project.  I decided to spray paint a wicker shelf that has followed me from my high school room to my various apartments after college, and finally in my house that I share with Mr. HSH.  This shelf has seen many different lives and traveled near and far, so I did not want to get rid of it.  It just needed a face-lift.

Here it is in all of it's former glory



See what I mean?  This poor little shelf was neglected in our middle bedroom.  I desperately needed some extra storage next to my desk and to cover some those unsightly cable cords.

After giving it two coats and letting it dry overnight, I am pretty pleased with the new color.


I decided to go with Charcoal gray.  Below is a full on view of my desk and garden stool (scored at Home Goods).  If you look closely, you can tell that I did some styling between the two photos! 

Now I feel that I am ready to conquer any DIY project! Perhaps finding a solution for the other cable cords?  I will update you along my journey as I take on other DIY projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment