Monday, January 31, 2011

31 Before 32

I know, I know...I have already broken one of my resolutions, and we are only one month in!  I am going to try my best to be a better blogger going forward.




This past weekend I was in glorious La Jolla, California visiting my cousin (who is more like a sister) and her precious family.  She told me that each year she creates a list of things she would like to accomplish before her next birthday.  I was really moved to do one too, so we created our lists together.  Before showing you my list, I want to point out that some of these things are rather easy to accomplish.  Each month, I will go through this list to see how I am doing and give you all an update.  Here is my list...

1. Go on a trip with Mr. HSH
2. Complete RCIA 
3. Read one book a month (reading I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg)
4. Enjoy one bottle from our "reserve" collection
5. Finish 3 house projects (buy additional seating for family room; update bar area; have bed skirt made)
6. Continue to get manicures regularily
7. Get I-Phone
8. Put together (and stick to) a budget
9. Be grateful everyday for the blessings in my life
10. Walk dogs regularily
11. Do Clean diet in February
12. Watch less TV; play more games with Mr. HSH during the week
13. Find a new perfume
14. Buy DVD player for den
15. Make effort to do more with friends
16. Have slumber party
17. Go on a date night twice a month
18. Take a cooking class
19. Go to lunch with my brothers.  We all work relatively close to each other!
20. Grow a plant or some herbs
21. Ask for help
22. Have a quiet time in the morning with God
23. Subscribe to Southern Living and Better Homes and Gardens
24. Respect my husband
25. Enjoy the small things in life
26. Blog more and put blog out there to friends and family to read
27. Buy a new work purse
28. Move dog kennels out of breakfast room
29. Be less judgemental
30. Accept what I can't change
31. Go see more movies

No comments:

Post a Comment