Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Changes Around Casa Sears

Over the past few months leading up to Christmas, I have made some tweaks to my my family room.  I recovered some chairs and added more pillows to my sofa.  A girl can never have too many pillows, right? 
First up are my much improved Berge chairs.  They were previously orange. See this post for the before, and here they are now:


I absolutely love the blue velvet fabric.  The pillows on the chairs are a bit hard to see, so here is a close-up.

The fabric on this pillow is: Neviz Glacier.  My cousin is an interior decorator.  She helped me pick fabrics...didn't she do a good job?  I also had some additional pillows made for my sofa out of the same blue velvet fabric.

I love the greek key trim that was added to give the pillows some additional interest.  Here is how they look with the other two pillows on the sofa.


Lastly, I swapped out the black frames on some bird sketches I picked up in Round Top many years ago.  I found some gold frames at Michael's for next to nothing, so it was much easier than sanding, priming, and spray painting the frames.  What do you think of the gold frames?



All in all, I am very happy with how everything turned out.  The room is still not quite complete.  At the back of the room, we have a bar area that I would like to revamp.  Look for that in the coming month or so. 

XO-Mary Catherine 

1 comment: