Friday, January 7, 2011

Winter Treat

Living in Houston, our winters are cold on some days, hot on other days, but are normally pretty mild.  It drives some people nuts because just when you think you are finished with your short sleeved clothing, it goes up to eighty-five degrees.  I love it because I can still enjoy ice cream pretty much year-round. 

One of my favorite winter indulgences (which truthfully isn't that bad) is my own version of peppermint ice cream.  Remember all of those candy canes I used as decoration for Christmas? When the holidays are over, I put them in a ziplock bag and freeze them and use them throughout the year.  My favorite thing to do is to crush a few up at a time and use as a topping on fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt.  It is the BEST treat!  I forgot to snap a picture of my "ice cream" last night, but trust me, it was delicious.  I'm sure it would be even better topped with hot fudge.  Hmmm...maybe I'll try that next time. 

I hope you will try this yummy winter indulgence! 

Happy weekend friends. 

XO-Home Sweet Home

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I have a few canes lurking in the pantry.

    Thank you so much for your much appreciated input on my office. I adore you!

    ReplyDelete